Sunday, 5 December 2010
Key things I have noticed about screenplays.
- EXT. (Means exterior) INT.(Interior) - Inside or outside
- Next to EXT. "Is written the name of the place where the scene is taking place"
- Next to the name of the place where the scene is taking place is written the time (Dusk, Evening, Night, Morning, etc.)
- The description of an action or place is aligned with EXT.
- Character's name is placed right before dialogue, in the middle of the screenplay's page.
For the characters > The daughter could be a teenager around 16 years old and the young girl, hitch-hiking, could be around maybe 9 or 10 years old.
(the reason why the age difference is so big between the two girls is because in real life, girls the same age are more likely to interact with each other, befriend each other very easily, but since in the story it sows that there is no interaction between the two girls, we thought it would make sense to make one way older than the other.)